Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Wellington/New Plymouth

     On November 7, 2013, I turned 24 years old in Wellington, New Zealand.  Last time I spent a birthday in another country was when I was living in Thailand as a child, so it was a pretty exciting experience.  I really didn't have much planned on this day, but we had a really nice time.  Robyn and I joked that it was a very "adult" birthday seeing as I had brunch and went to a museum.  I was really happy to have such a great friend with me on my birthday!  Thanks Robyn!

     The highlight of my birthday was definitely getting my tattoo.  I have always wanted to get one in another country.  I think tattoos can be really beautiful in moderation and with a story behind them.  I love my tattoos, but they are all in places where you wouldn't even know I had them unless I purposely showed them.  I really like the secretiveness of my tattoos as I continue to feel conservative at the same time.














 In honor of the year that changed my life and my love of travel.

















 Wonderful museum!
















     The following day, I took a bus up to New Plymouth where a friend of my father's lives.  Paul and my father met when they were both living in Thailand and bonded over coins and banknotes from around the world.  It was a really nice time being shown around by someone that is just a wealth of knowledge about the history in the area.  Thanks so much Paul!





























Paul and I.









Puke Ariki, another great museum!

"All the world is birthday cake, so take a piece, but not too much".   -George Harrison

No comments:

Post a Comment