Sunday, November 3, 2013

Magnetic Island

     I took a bus from Cairns to Townsville on October 6, 2013.  I was doing a hop on hop off program called the OZ Experience.  Australia is very similar to the States in that it is pretty difficult to get around without a car.  I found this program that allowed me to stay in a place as long as I want, several activities and accommodations included and all transportation included.  After arriving in Townsville, I took a ferry to Magnetic Island.

     On the morning of October 7, 2013, I went to the Koala Sanctuary with a couple of guys from France named Damien and Luis that I had met the night before.  Really great guys and we had a lot of laughs.  We really enjoyed our time at the sanctuary.  Our guide was very knowledgeable and humorous as he guided us around to all the different animals.  The best part of it all was that we were able to hold several of the animals.  I am not an animal person, I think they are cute and lovely from afar, but you would rarely see me holding and interacting with animals.  I am just scared of them. Apparently I have changed as I held and pet every single one.  I even let a bird eat a seed out of my mouth...  Australia has brought out another side of me.  Great experience seeing native animals to Australia and a must do on Magnetic Island!




 Base Hostel







 Wombat!


  Echidna!









 Baby koala! 



"Until one has loved an animal a part of one's soul remains unawakened". -Anatole France

No comments:

Post a Comment