Monday, November 4, 2013

Whitsundays

     I arrived in Airlie Beach on October 7th.  It is a small place with not a lot to do.  Certainly seems like a party environment as there are several bars along the small strip.  I spent a day and a half just relaxing here before my Whitsundays sailing trip.  Luis and Damien came in a day after me and we were able to meet up again.  Had a bit of fun singing some karaoke.

     On October 9th, I arrived at the dock and boarded a large sail boat.  There was about 20 of us on board.  This was a very new experience for me because we were spending the night on the boat. One of the first things that happened was being assigned beds.  Interesting beds...



     This trip was so much fun.  I met a lot of really great people specifically Robyn from England, Jurgen from Austria and Daniel from Switzerland.  We really enjoyed our time on the boat together.  Spent a lot of time swimming, snorkeling, bush walking, laying out and getting to know one another. Really fun night listening to music and having good laughs.  All around us, continuous beautiful scenery.









































     Whitehaven Beach is gorgeous!  Robyn, Jurgen, Daniel and I really enjoyed walking around and swimming here.  Definitely a site to see!  If ever around these parts, I highly recommend doing a sailing tour!  Sleep is awful, but everything else... phenomenal!




















 Sea turtle!




"Happiness resides not in possessions, and not in gold, happiness dwells in the soul". -Democritus

No comments:

Post a Comment