Monday, November 18, 2013

Queenstown/Milford Sound

     I took another long bus ride from Christchurch to Queenstown on October 27th.  It was definitely worth it as I saw breathtaking views along the journey.  Everywhere I look, I think of the Lord of the Rings and it makes me very happy!  My favorite movie series without a doubt.  Along the way, we stopped at Lake Tekapo which is beautiful!


     Queenstown is a beautiful little city in the mountains.  I loved it there and can see why many people choose it as a place of residence during their working visas.  There is a great youthful environment.







     On October 28th, I met Robyn in the reception of our hostel.  It was so great to see her again!  I have really bonded with her and am happy we are seeing New Zealand together.  She is one of those people that I know will stay a friend even after our travels.





 Our hostel roommates Grainne and Cecile.  Fun night all together!




     On the 29th, we were introduced to the best burger in the world.  Fergburger has a reputation and it exceeds all of them.  These burgers are huge and full of flavor.  So delicious!  I wish they were everywhere in the world so I could eat them all the time, but I guess an excuse to go back to Queenstown someday!






     After a few days of resting and exploring Queenstown, we went on a trip to Milford Sound on October 30th.  Robyn and I went with 2 girls we became friends with in  our room, Cecile from France and Sanna from Finland.  This was a great hostel room where I felt like we all bonded really well.  We left at 8:15 AM and did not arrive at Milford until 3 PM.  We made several stops along the way.























     Upon arrival, we got on a boat and cruised around Milford for almost 2 hours.  It was truly magical being there!  Milford is one of the wettest places in the world and it started to rain a bit, but it just added to its beauty. We even saw bottlenose dolphins and sea lions in their natural habitat!















     On October 31, Sanna, Robyn and I went on a jet boat ride.  It was a lot of fun riding around at 85 kph along the Shotover River.  The driver was so close to the side of the canyon several times purposely and did 360º turns.  We had a great time and it is a good memory.






     Of course the 31st is Halloween and we had to do something.  I convinced Robyn to be my partner in crime as Mario and Luigi.  We had a great night out and enjoyed our last Fergburger before the night came to an end.  Queenstown, you were wonderful!





"Keep love in your heart. A life without it is like a sunless garden when the flowers are dead". -Oscar Wilde

No comments:

Post a Comment