Thursday, November 14, 2013

Back in Sydney, Goodbye Australia!

     I can't explain how much I love Sydney.  I have seen some of the most beautiful things in the world up in Queensland, but Sydney somehow still takes the win.  Maybe because I lived here for 2 weeks with my family when I first arrived.  I absolutely love it.  The vibe, the Royal Botanical Gardens, sitting by the Opera House, taking a ferry to different places...  The list goes on!  Needless to say, I was happy to end my time in Australia here.  I couldn't be in a hostel again, so I got a hotel.  I was desperate for a little me time!  

     On the 22nd, I met up with my friend Charlie at Circular Quay.  He and I used to work next to one another when I was a teenager at Sunrise Mall.  It had been at least 5 years since we saw one another and it was so great to see him.  We had the most amazing day having a drink at the Opera Bar, some lunch, enjoying the Royal Botanical Gardens  and walking around Sydney in the rain.  Really lovely way for 2 old friends to catch up.








     The following days, I met up with Robyn, Pierre and Juergen.  They had just come in from Byron Bay within a day or 2 of me.  We wandered around the city, went to the Royal Botanical Gardens amongst other things.  We have all traveled together for quite some time.  I will really miss these guys.  The 4 of us saw a lot of Australia together and we have great memories.  On the 25th, Robyn, Juergen and I took a ferry from Circular Quay to Darling Harbour and had a nice goodbye lunch.




Announcing to friends and family when I will be going back to California.

     I really can't explain it, but part of my heart is in this city.  Then again, part of my heart is all around the world in many places, but I know this won't be the last time I'll be sitting next to the Opera House having a cider or beer.  I'll be back Sydney, see you!!!

"Life is one grand, sweet song, so start the music". -Ronald Reagan

No comments:

Post a Comment