Thursday, November 14, 2013

Brisbane/Byron Bay

     We arrived in Brisbane on October 17 after going to the Australia Zoo.  We did not do very much here, but it was nice to be away from a beach and in the city for a short time.  We just enjoyed walking around and doing a bit of shopping.  

     On the 18th, we met up with Sylvan again!  He arrived in Australia 1 year ago in Brisbane and is finishing up his time back here.  What an amazing journey for him.  It was so good to see him!    He and I went on a nice walk through the Botanic Gardens and across the river to the South Bank.  We got caught in the rain, but it was great nonetheless.  















 Sending love to Matt.


     On the 19th, Robyn and I left for Byron Bay.  We stayed at Art's Factory in a teepee, which was a lot of fun.  The hostel was filled with hippies.  Definitely an interesting experience.




     On the 21st, I took a surf lesson with Jurgen.  It was a lot of fun.  Surfing is such hard work.  Just getting out into the water with your board is difficult enough.  I was getting thrashed by the waves and was even hit in the neck by my board.  Poor Jurgen broke a rib and a toe because of surfing on this day. I definitely got up a few times though, totally awesome!  More surfing in my future!



     In the evening, my two favorite Frenchman, Luis and Damien arrived.  It was so great to see them.  Unfortunately I had a night bus to Sydney, so we only got to hang out a couple of hours, but I know I will definitely be seeing them in my future!  I also said goodbye to Juergen, Robyn and Pierre but will see them in Sydney in the next few days.


     I am back to being alone.  Traveling down the east coast of Australia was amazing and I met so many wonderful people.  Looking forward to a few more days in beautiful Sydney with some friends before I head off to New Zealand!

"If opportunity doesn't knock, build a door". -Milton Berle

No comments:

Post a Comment