Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Auckland/Hobbiton

     Robyn and I met up in Auckland on November 12th.  Auckland was not our favorite.  It is an alright city, but nothing special.  We enjoyed having a wander around and taking a ferry to a nearby island.  I went to Auckland for 2 specific reasons though.  It was where I was flying out of to go back to the United States and it was close to Hobbiton, my biggest New Zealand goal!







     Robyn and I went to Hobbiton on November 11 and it was everything we hoped for and more.  It was the cutest place and we enjoyed walking all around it.  I recommend going here without a doubt.  It is pretty pricey, but if you don't live in New Zealand, how often are you going to be there?  Just do it!  SO CUTE!
























This is what I posted on my Facebook the day I was flying home on November 12th, 2013.

"I tried carrying the weight of the world, but I only have two hands. Hope I get the chance to travel the world but I don't have any plans. Wish that I could stay forever this young, not afraid to close my eyes. Life's a game made for everyone and love is the prize".

Earlier this year, I moved out of my house, sold all my possessions including my car and packed up for an unknown adventure ahead of me. On January 13, 2013, my mom took me to the San Francisco Airport. I knew I was leaving to travel and I knew I was searching for something... Answers to my life, longing for more, to rid myself of feeling lost and also the downheartedness I often felt. I was flying to Thailand... afterwards and when I would return home was unsure.

Now it is November, I am 24 years old and have been on 5 continents and 29 countries this year. I am really proud of myself! I have changed as a person 100%. I am physically, mentally and emotionally stronger. I have learned so much! Several of my goals have shifted. I am an adult now, my life is mine and I am capable of doing anything.

I can't put into words the feelings I have today. My heart is heavy as I leave to fly back home, but I feel as ready as I can be only because I remain confident that this is far from being my last adventure.

The people, the places and all the memories are unforgettable. I have seen the most beautiful things in this world. I met the most brilliant people and have created some of the best friendships that will last a lifetime. Thank you to all those who welcomed me into their homes, showed me around, taught me their culture, shared moments with me, laughed with me and have been there to enhance this journey in every possible way. Every single friend I made during this journey is in my heart and thoughts and is ALWAYS welcome in my home.

I am sad today, but it is time to decide the next step in this crazy thing called life and home is the best place to be. I look forward to seeing my family and friends especially during the holiday season. What is to come, I am not sure... All I know is that I will always do what makes me happy and fulfilled. We only have one life and I want mine to be as meaningful as possible.

Thank you Mother Earth for being so extraordinary!

"California here we come, right back where we started from".

"For my part, I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to move".
-Robert Louis Stevenson

No comments:

Post a Comment