Monday, December 30, 2013

Recommended Documentaries

     Here is a list of documentaries I have seen recently or have watched in the past that I would like to share with all of you.  Unfortunately, some of these documentaries are not available for free on YouTube.  You will have to search for some of them yourself, but I believe it is worth it.  As I stated before, I don't always have a topic in mind and I am open to watching anything that comes my way.  If there are any documentaries you suggest I see, please write me!  Of course, some things I do go above and beyond to watch about.

The Two Escobars


     This is one of the best documentaries I have ever watched.  I think it is brilliantly done and incredibly interesting.  I watched it a few years ago and it really affected me.  I wasn't emotionally right for at least a week after watching this.  Seeing what Pablo Escobar did to the country of Colombia was insane.  What really hurt me as well was what happened to Andre Escobar, a footballer who played on the Columbian National Team.  You got to watch this documentary if you want insight into a Colombian Drug Lord, history of Colombia and if you are a football fan.  


The Class of '92


     This documentary was great!  The second I heard this was being released, I was beyond thrilled!  It was a bit difficult to find as this DVD was not even released in the American region format.  I had to search for it specially on the internet if you know what I mean.  These lads are all amazing footballers and they went on to have brilliant careers that can be recognized no matter what team you have allegiance to.  I happen to be a huge United fan, so I loved it even more.  There is no greater feeling than knowing I got to see United at Old Trafford the day they won their 20th Championship before Sir Alex Ferguson retired.  Paul Scholes announced his retirement the day I was there.  I will never forget that day!  Loved this documentary about these boys and what they accomplished together playing for Manchester United.

April 22, 2013

They Come to America
They Come to America II



     I really enjoyed both of these films.  They were extremely enlightening about what is going on in the United States of America.  A huge problem we have here in the States is biased media and I felt that these films are completely unbiased.  They are just stating the facts of the immigration problems we have in this country.  I found out information I never knew before.  Dennis Michael Lynch really has a passion to show the citizens of the United States what is going on at our borders.  Some of it is sad and a lot of it is sickening.  Enlighten yourself and take a stand on political views.  "More people know who is winning Dancing with the Stars than who is representing us in Congress".  Don't be one of these people!

The Bridge

To watch for free, click on this link: http://documentarystorm.com/the-bridge/ 

     I watched this film a few years back and it has always stayed with me.  Suicide is one of the saddest things in our world and to know how frequently it occurs can be shocking.  This documentary shook me.  If it doesn't shake you, you are not human.  Where I live is only about an hour and a half from San Francisco and I grew up going there my entire life.  I even walked across the bridge and earned a badge for Girl Scouts for doing so.  The things we don't know if we don't go out in search of more knowledge...  Remember, suicide is never the answer!  There is so much to live for and if you feel like you have no one, you are wrong.

"Education is the best friend. An educated person is respected everywhere. Education beats the beauty and the youth". -Chanakya

No comments:

Post a Comment