Friday, January 3, 2014

Happy New Year! 2014

     Firstly, I just want to thank you all for your support this past year as I took this trip around the world and started this Blog.  My friends, family and all of you...  Over 7,400 page views!  Thank you for your interest in my life and journey.  I appreciate it a lot!  I decided to start up a Facebook page for this Blog, so I would love to have you carry on your support over there as well!  I will always post when I have a new Blog up along with a lot of other fun stuff that has to do with travel and life in general.

https://www.facebook.com/michelletravelstheglobe

     I can't believe it is already January 3rd!  In 10 days it will be the one year anniversary of when I left on my trip.  I can't really believe it...  The time just flies by and this past year has felt like a dream to me.  I know I did it, but sometimes I wonder...

     On the last day of 2013, I went on a solo walk by the American River just to reflect on this year.  What a year... part of me is so sad to see it end.  The freedom I had this year will always stay with me.  In a world filled with careers, finances, stress, obligations etc., I didn't need to worry about a thing and just enjoyed my time on this beautiful planet.  A blessing from above.  2013 will forever be the year that changed me, opening my eyes to all the possibilities ahead.  I have this fire within me to live the rest of my days in total happiness, never succumbing to anything that takes that away.  I feel loved and I feel full of hope that there are many more brilliant years ahead.  2014, here I come...



     I wanted to say that while the nature, architecture, food, history and culture are all key and amazing components of travel, there is nothing like the people you spend your time with along the way.  The people are what make the journey meaningful.  So many people have touched my heart forever.  These photographs are of them in our moments together.  This slideshow is dedicated to all the beautiful people that have been in my life, acquaintances, old friends, new friends and family that have made this year one I'll never forget!



     My best friend Delali and I decided that we would be old ladies this year and just stayed in.  We had some apple cider and watched the New York Ball drop.  We love the show Friends, so we watched episodes that had to do with New Years.  Not the most exciting New Years but we enjoyed it!  Hope you all had a great beginning to your year!


“Beneath the makeup and behind the smile I am just a girl who wishes for the world.” -Marilyn Monroe 

No comments:

Post a Comment