Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Fun Facts about Me/Documentaries Coming at Ya

     I feel lucky that so many people are reading my Blog and liking my Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/michelletravelstheglobe.  Thank you so much!  I have realized now that new people are joining in every day and may not know very much about me, so... here we go!  Just remember... I love to make fun of myself!

FUN FACTS ABOUT ME

Enjoying a cannoli for breakfast at an airport in Italy.

1) Graduated from Sacramento State University with a Social Science and History Degree.

2) I have one younger brother who is studying Creative Writing at the University of California, Santa Cruz with a Minor in Italian and will be going to Italy this summer.

3) I was born in Bangkok, Thailand, Half Thai, Half Caucasian American.  We moved to California when I was 5 because my dad wanted us to have the best education.


4) My friends tell me I am a fish because I love all things water.  I drink water like crazy (it's kind of embarrassing when the waiter needs to continue refilling), swim all the time, shower frequently and love the rain.

5) Football Fanatic!  Real football though, not American football!  I don't enjoy it, but I can respect the sport, but name it something else because when do you ever really kick during this sport?

6) I absolutely hate lettuce with a passion.  I can eat spinach and cabbage, but if you give me lettuce, I will puke.  My friends decided it would be a fun idea to throw bags and bags of lettuce all over my front yard in high school...

7) I LOVE ELVIS PRESLEY!  What a beautiful man with a unique sound.  Listening to him as I type!

8) I was a Girl Scout from age 5-17.  We sold so many cookies that we saved up the money to go on a free trip to Hawaii!

9) I love playing games!  A night in playing board games with friends beats any night at the bar, but I am super competitive, so watch out!

10) The number one most shameful thing about me is...  I have to sleep with a certain blanket every night.  Some could and would probably call it a blankie... but it just feels good OK! HAHA 


     As I said before, in my spare time I enjoy watching documentaries.  I love exposing myself to things I never heard of or knew before.  I like documentaries that enlighten me, that make me cry because I see so much good within the human spirit and that just make me happy plain and simple.  You can never stop learning... NEVER, so keep your hearts and minds open to all the new information that comes your way each and every single day.
  
The Boy They Call Fish


     This was a hard documentary to watch.  I went to Vietnam last year and learned about the deformities that may have been caused by Agent Orange.  Minh Anh's story is so endearing.  What a sweet boy.  It is amazing the connection he has with a granny from England that loves him.  It was hard to see all the children that have been abandoned due to being disabled.  Breaks my heart, but I am glad to be aware of and am inspired by all the beautiful loving people in this film.

No Sex Please, We're Japanese


     Firstly, I always love a BBC Documentary.  Secondly, this is such an interesting topic!  I had no idea about the declining population occurring in Japan.  If they continue as is right now, they will lose 1/3 of their population.  This poses many problems for their economy.  Can you believe how great those older cheerleaders look?

Voodoo


     Voodoo is one of those topics I have always been interested about but have known nothing about.  I stumbled upon this and it was very interesting.  Most of it is creepy a bit creepy, but understanding why they do what they do made me have some form of respect for it.  It is very odd... but at least I am aware of it now.


"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The 
important thing is not to stop questioning". -Albert Einstein

No comments:

Post a Comment