Sunday, February 10, 2013

Siam Paragon/Bangkok/Petchaburi

     This Blog post is a few different events that I didn't feel necessary to post about alone.  I have grouped them together here.  Staying in Thailand so long, some days are more relaxing and less touristy than others.  Some days I see a few things and tag along with my aunt for work.  Let me say how lucky it is to have so much family in Thailand.  They are all located in different locations and want me to do different activities with them, so I definitely have a bunch of amazing tour guides.

Thursday-January 24, 2013

     On this day my cousin Aim invited me to meet up with her at Siam Paragon, a HUGE shopping mall in Bangkok.  I am blown away by the malls here.  You thought the Roseville Galleria was large... It is nothing compared to this several story gigantic shopping mall.  It had hundreds of restaurants, a huge movie theater, Siam Ocean World, wax museum, hundreds of stores and so much other stuff inside.  Aim and I decided to have some Italian food and catch the movie Hansel and Gretel.  Not a good movie!!!  I mean it will keep you entertained with the special effects, but the plot and such...  DUMB!

 Siam Paragon

 Always sweaty in Thailand.

Beautiful lights

Wax of Liverpool Captain Steven Gerrard.

Monday-February 24, 2013

     On this day I went as a tag along to work with my aunt.  Before going to her office, we stopped to look at a Hindu temple in Bangkok called Sri Maha Mariamman Temple.  They did not allow pictures, but we sneaked one right outside.  It was a pretty temple with a lot of bright colors inside.  A man blessed me and I took a picture of myself afterwards.  It was a very cool experience because I have never done anything of the Hindu religion.    



     After this, we went to her office and I decided to walk around alone and see some more of the city for about two hours.  I didn't get to take a picture, but some kids were playing football under the highway.  It was pretty neat!  So much to see in Bangkok!  



     When my aunt was finished working, she drove me around Bangkok telling what the different buildings were.  We ended up at Suan Luang Park.  My mom, my aunts, my cousins and I used to come here when I was little to fly kites.  The temple in the background is Wat Phra Kaew which I posted about going to in a previous post.  My cousin and I went there after this day.  What a park to play in!



 My aunt Jeab and I.

 Such a beautiful view!


 Lighted car driving through the park.


Thursday-February 7, 2013

     On this day my aunt and I went to Petchaburi Province.  After wandering town a bit, we went to a temple where a famous monk was in a casket.  He has been dead for about 40 years and people come to this temple to give their respects to him.  
     
 Rama IV Palace which was unfortunately closed that day.

 Talented glass sculpture spelling out my name.

 Blowing colorful ink into a Thai name.

 Offering flowers

 Temple


 The famous monk.

 Jugs that are about 500 years old.

The monk's casket.


 Paying my respects.






 Beautiful temple being built on our car ride home.



"I love you when you bow in your mosque, kneel in your temple, pray in your church. For you and I are sons of one religion, and it is the spirit". 
-Kahlil Gibran

No comments:

Post a Comment