Sunday, February 10, 2013

Chinese New Year/Princess of Thailand

     Yesterday was Chinese New Year, the year of the snake.  I am a snake in the Chinese zodiac and I take it as a good sign for my travels ahead and this being the best year of my life!  What an experience! I consider this one of my best in Thailand so far because being in an Asian country celebrating an Asian holiday... It really doesn't get much better than that!  On top of that we find out that Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn of Thailand was going to be there!  This was not a big deal to my aunt as her and my uncle have met with the royal family several times, but it was very exciting for me!  I consider myself very blessed to have been here in Thailand on this holiday!

Chinese New Year's Eve

 Food offerings to Buddha.  This room is in my aunt's house.

Lots of food!

 Burning gold papers thought to be real gold to send to our ancestors.




 My cousin about to burn a paper shirt in order to send clothes to our ancestors.

 My aunt and uncle eating very long noodles in order to have very long lives.

Chinese New Year

















Waiting in line to sign a book in honor of the Princess.









































Chinese lions

A Chinese noodle dish.



Chinese lion dance, offering food to the lions.


Street candy maker.





Year of me, a snake!







All the people waiting to see the Princess of Thailand.

Seeing the Princess of Thailand drive by!  She is the lady sitting in the front of the first car.  My commentary at the end.

Wat Traimit Temple


     It was so exciting to be able to see a royal!  I couldn't even believe it.  Just went down to Chinatown to celebrate the New Year and I got to see a royal drive by!  I love traveling and days like this, end of story!

XO

"Be not afraid of growing slowly, be afraid only of standing still". -Chinese Proverb

No comments:

Post a Comment