Monday, February 18, 2013

Elephants and Crocodiles and Human heads in Crocodiles... Oh My!

     Yesterday I went to the Samphran Elephant Grounds and Zoo with my aunt and my cousin.   I absolutely loved this place!!!  We went a bit late in the day, but was able to catch the two main shows, the elephants and the crocodiles.  Firstly, I'd like to say that I felt better about this location than the previous elephant place in Ayutthaya.  They still had the same sharp tool thing, but I really do believe both locations treat their animals well.  The other place just looked small, so I was concerned.

     The elephant show was amazing!  It was mainly themed around when the Siamese and the Burmese were at war with one another.  I just can't believe how smart animals are!  These elephants can do some pretty amazing things.  Another segment of the show was the elephants playing soccer!  Now we all know how obsessed I am with soccer, so I am not going to lie...  This was almost a tear jerker!  It was just so cool!




 The magician prior to the elephants.































 The soccer players coming!




Video- Elephants playing soccer!









Attacking the Burmese.











Getting hugged by Fernando Torres, one of the soccer players!  HAHA


     After the elephant show, we went to the crocodile show.  It was absolutely insane what they did with these crocodiles!  I almost had a heart attack watching them.  They were sticking their heads and hands inside the crocodile's mouth!  I literally felt stomach sick even after watching the show for a while because they had scared me so much!  



 SCARY!



 Praying to Lord Buddha that they don't eaten.


Video- Crocodile Wranglers!




This was insane!

 A few other animals at the zoo.








 Don't fall in! HAHA


 Clearly I won't be going in the cage, but thanks for warning!



"All life is an experiment. The more experiments you make the better". -Ralph Waldo Emerson 

No comments:

Post a Comment