Monday, August 12, 2013

Marrakech/Ouzoud Falls

     I arrived in Marrakech on August 1, 2013 and stayed there until August 5, 2013.  I spent my time in Marrakech wandering the city with my friend Jaouad.  He took me to the markets which is the most famous part of Marrakech.  They are very colorful filled with all sorts of Moroccan treasures.  I love Marrakech orange juice and drank several glasses of it!  The main square really lights up at night and in the daytime is filled with snake charmers.  It was such a new experience for me.  On August 5th before my flight, we went to Jardin Majorelle.  It was really beautiful and full of blues and yellows.





















My Ryad

Couscous

























 Jardin Majorelle



















































Snake Charmer














    On August 3, 2013, I took a day trip from Marrakech to Ouzoud Falls.  This was such a great trip.  We hiked from the top of the cascades to the bottom and back up.  When we were at the bottom, we took a paddle boat, was taken very close under the waterfall and got soaking wet.  It was a really great day.  I love nature more than anything else and was glad I saw this!



















Olive trees

Olive tree roots


Caves


















     First time in Morocco, first time in a Muslim nation, first time in Africa...  A lot of firsts!  It was very interesting to see a place so different from my own.  Don't get me wrong, Asia was very different as well, but it is a difference I am familiar with as I grew up there and grew up with an Asian family.  I look forward to coming back and discovering more of Africa on day!  Met some wonderful people in Morocco as well.  Until next time!

"In Morocco, it's possible to see the Atlantic and the Mediterranean at the same time". -Tahar Ben Jelloun

No comments:

Post a Comment