Friday, August 2, 2013

Granada

     On July 24, 2013, I took a day trip from Seville to Granada.  So many Spaniards have told me that they believe it to be the most beautiful city in all of Spain.  The ride was a little over 3 hours each way and so I left my hotel room at 6 AM.  A bus picked me up with the rest of the tour group.  I had slept maybe 2 hours and so I was grateful to see that no one had taken the back of the bus.  If I have my choice, I always take the back.  Four seats to lay across.  I knocked out until our midway stop and then knocked out again.

     Our first and major stop was seeing the Alhambra.  This Islamic palace was built for the last Muslim emirs of Spain and later used by the King of Spain, Charles V.  Some of the rooms were absolutely amazing.  The detailed carvings just blow my mind.  Definitely worth a visit!































































     After seeing the Alhambra, our tour guide allowed us to wander around for a bit.  Unfortunately we were all pretty tired and were only allotted a little over an hour and so we just found a nice restaurant and ate.  Luckily he drove us around a bit to see the city from the bus.  I met two very nice ladies from Florida, Janice and Terri.  They were very interested in my travels and were a bit nervous that I was doing this alone.  Really sweet ladies that were kind enough to pay for my lunch!  I met Janice the following day at the bullfight.  She told me that she told her son all about me and he wants to do the same after he finishes school.  That was really special and I am so happy to inspire people!




Janice, Terri and I

"The pursuit of truth and beauty is a sphere of activity in which we are permitted to remain children all our lives". -Albert Einstein

No comments:

Post a Comment