Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Hello from Italy! Milan/Rome

     I arrived in Milan very late in the night on August 5th.  Italy is 2 hours ahead of Marrakech, Morocco.  The following day, I met with my friend Antonio and then headed off to wander around the city by myself.  Milan is such a great place to do that in!  The beauty of traveling and being alone sometimes is wonderful!  It just gives you time to think and just enjoy your own company.












Duomo di Milano





















Sforza Castle



































San Siro Stadium where A.C. Milan plays.

     I flew to Rome on August 7, 2013 and found Susanna, my friend waiting for me at our hotel.  It was so wonderful to see her again!  We met in Vietnam, then she came up to spend a few days with me in London, afterwards I stayed about a week with her and her family in Salisbury.  Always nice to see a familiar face.  Anyways, this was my second time in Rome.  I was here in 2007 on a Euro Trip with my high school and Mr. Hallen, one of my favorite teachers.  He really opened my eyes to the beauty of Europe.  I had been in St. Peter's Basilica before and Susanna had enough churches in Europe, so our big priority was to go to the Vatican Museum.  The queue was way too long last time and so our group was unable to go.  It is such a beautiful museum filled with so many artifacts and art from all around the world.  Unfortunately one could not enjoy it very much due to the fact that there were so many people.  You felt like you were a herd of cattle being pushed along.  I am happy I saw the Sistine Chapel and Michelangelo's fresco The Creation of Adam, it really moved me. We spent the rest of our time in Rome wandering around.  A highlight for us was seeing some catacombs.

 Vatican Museum




















 The Vatican



 Roman Forum





 Shell fountain!


 Catacombs



 Trevi Fountain


 Fresh Pasta!


 Colosseum



No quote this time, just leaving you with one of my favorite Dean Martin songs!  I could listen to this a hundred times!


No comments:

Post a Comment