Friday, July 5, 2013

Hello from Spain! Palma de Mallorca

     I arrived in Mallorca on June 30, 2013 after 3 flights.  First I flew from Nice to Munich, Munich to Zurich and then from Zurich to Mallorca.  Unfortunately there wasn't a long enough layover in any of them the step out of the airport, but it wasn't too bad.  When I arrived, I went to the hostal and passed out entirely.  I was so tired after 3 hours of sleep and an early morning first flight.  I woke up and right before I was going to head out to grab some food, I heard the voice of my friend Desiree in the hallway.  She was traveling with 2 girl friends she met in college, Emily and Tanaya.  It was great to see a familiar California face!  That night we just went and grabbed some dinner and rested.  Everyone was very tired from traveling.

     The following day, we did nothing but lay on the beach.  On July 2, 2013 we took a 2 hour boat trip.  It was definitely worth it.  We got to see more of the island, swim and relax.  We all really enjoyed it a lot.  We definitely enjoyed trying new foods.  I had my first paella and tapas on this trip and it was amazing!  

Beach Day









 Sunset Dinner


Boat Trip




























 Sangria!

Night out

     July 3, 2013 was our last day on the beautiful island and so we definitely wanted to see more of it.  We decided to rent a car and made the mistake of not asking for an automatic.  Everyone in Europe drives manual cars.  I really need to learn!  We luckily were able to return our manual car and then go to another shop to get an automatic car.  In Spain, you can be 23 and rent a car, so I was the only one able to do it.  This was my first time renting a car.  We had a nice drive to Cala Pi, a small secluded beach and spent a little bit of time there.  Afterwards, we went to Palma, the main city and walked around a bit and saw the cathedral.  We had a bit of dinner and then it was time to get back to our hostal to pack up and head to mainland Spain.  The other girls went to Madrid and I am presently in Barcelona!
























Spanish sausage

Wonderful trip in Palma de Mallorca with the girls!

"The three great elemental sounds in nature are the sound of rain, the sound of wind in a primeval wood, and the sound of outer ocean on a beach". -Henry Beston

No comments:

Post a Comment