Monday, July 1, 2013

Hello from France! Nice/Cannes

     I arrived in Nice on June 26, 2013 very late at night.  The following day, I rested for a while and then wandered around Nice.  I made no effort to print any maps because Nice is relatively small and very easy to wander around.  I walked to the center of Nice, the old part of Nice and the Mediterranean Sea.  I love the colors and styles of the buildings in Nice.  The sea was very beautiful at sunset.











































     On June 29, I went to Cannes.  To be perfectly honest, there was nothing really special about it.  I enjoyed walking around, but there was nothing particularly beautiful.  It definitely is just famous because of the Cannes Film Festival.  Anyways, been there and done that now.
















     As a whole, I wasn't particularly impressed with the French Riviera.  It certainly wasn't horrible, but just not as beautiful as I had hoped.  Maybe I had too high of expectations.  I did enjoy my time in Nice and made a few really nice friends.  

"We are tied to the ocean. And when we go back to the sea, whether it is to sail or to watch - we are going back from whence we came". -John F. Kennedy

No comments:

Post a Comment