Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Hello from England! London

     I arrived in London on April 17th, 2012 around 7:30 PM.  I was absolutely exhausted after the 12 hour flight, but who cares, I was in London!  First thing I did in London was get on the tube.  What an amazing system!  I think California needs to have a good underground system!  It would save people so much money, not to mention help with the pollution in the environment.  Anyways, I did not do much my first night, just hung out with some friends and then it was off to bed to see beautiful London the next day.


 Hammersmith Bridge



 Tower of London

 Tower Bridge

 River Thames










































 Armor of Henry VIII





 I took a walk across Tower Bridge




     As most of you know, I am a crazy football fan!  The goal is to see as many football stadiums as possible in the Premier League.  The first stadium was Chelsea's Stamford Bridge as it was not too far from where I was staying in Hammersmith.  I am zero percent a Chelsea fan, but I do support a few of the players on the team, Torres and Mata.  I support all the great Spanish National Team players!







     The following day, April 19th, 2013, I was able to take a free walking tour around the royal parts of London.  It was a really nice tour and I had a very energetic tour guide who is an actor by profession.  I was able to see all the highlights of London in a 2 and a half hour walk.  London is beautiful!





 Buckingham Palace



 Changing of the guards.



 Nelson's Column





 London Eye in the background.





 Big Ben

 Westminster Abbey



 House of Commons



 First plate of fish and chips!

     In the evening I met up with my friend Susanna.  I met her on the tour in Vietnam.  We had bought tickets to see Monty Python's Spamalot and it was as hilarious as I hoped it would be.  I really enjoyed the play and it had a lot of moments similar to the movie, The Holy Grail.  Such a fun time and what a very British thing to do!  



  
The London Eye at night.

     On Apri 20th, 2013, Susanna and I walked around another part of London.  It was really nice having a friend to enjoy the city with.  We went to museums and had a lot of tea of course!  It was a nice sunny day which can be rare in London.   


 The National Gallery

 St. George's Day celebrations.


 Inside The National Gallery


 The Tube




 St. Paul's Cathedral





 The River Thames

 Shakespeare's Globe Theater

 Inside Tate Museum of Modern Art

Cider at a an old fashion English Pub to end the night.

     The following morning, I had a good old fashion English fry up breakfast.  It consists of eggs, beans, bacon, sausage, mushrooms and tomatoes.  I opted out of the tomatoes, but everything was very delicious.  Who would have thought about eating beans for breakfast?  Unfortunately Susanna and I had to part ways as I headed up to Manchester and she headed home.  

     London is such a beautiful place full of history.  It also has a lot of green parks.  Even though it is a city, it is so clean and the air feels fresh.  I absolutely enjoyed being here and I look forward to returning in a few weeks!

"You find no man, at all intellectual, who is willing to leave London. No, Sir, when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford".  -Samuel Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment