Sunday, June 2, 2013

Hello from Austria! Vienna

     I arrived in Vienna yesterday June 1, 2013 and am leaving for Poland tomorrow.  Since I have already been to Austria, I did not allot a lot of time here.  I came here specifically to see Vienna.  It is an absolutely beautiful city.  Vienna is the capital of Austria and is also the most populous.  My friend Frederika also told me that it is ranked one of the safest cities in the world.

     Today we walked around Vienna in the rain.  It was not a cold rain and I really enjoyed it.  Something magical about walking through an old European City in the rain.  The central part of Vienna is not very big and so it was easy to get around by foot everywhere.  Frederika was a wonderful tour guide.  Such a lovely place!



Belvedere Palace















Opera House



Goulash and spaetzle for lunch

St. Stephen's Cathedral



















Frederika and I







National Library

Parliament

City Hall

Theater

Vienna University



Famous chocolate tortes at Hotel Sacher





 So silly!

     I loved Austria years ago and I still love it now.  Too bad I can't spend more time here, but Poland, a country I have never been to awaits!  Tomorrow I will be on a bus for over 8 hours, not ideal, but take in some scenery, sit and relax!

"Neither a lofty degree of intelligence nor imagination nor 
both together go to the making of genius. Love, love, love, that is the soul of genius". -Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart

No comments:

Post a Comment