Monday, May 20, 2013

Hello from Wales! Cardiff

     I took a ferry from Dublin, Ireland to Holyhead, Wales on May 18th, 2013 at 8 AM.  I was expecting a small ferry boat, one that you would take across San Francisco Bay or something.  I was very wrong.  This ferry was more like the Titanic.  It was the largest boat I have ever seen in my life.  The inside of it looked like a grand hotel.  There were a few different restaurants inside, a reception area, a deck and even a cinema.  It was absolutely beautiful.  I am glad I chose this cheaper way to travel rather than flying.  It was definitely an experience I wasn't expecting.







     After I arrived in Holyhead, I had about 40 minutes until my train took me to Cardiff.  This train ride was 4 and a half hours long, but the scenery was so amazing it definitely wasn't a bother.  Wales is stunning!  Beautiful green hills and trees every where I looked.  I went from the Northwestern point of Wales to the Southeastern and it was marvelous.  Yes I was traveling for over 7 hours on this day, but everything I saw and the money I saved was totally worth it.  I only spent 49 quid when the flight would have been close to 180 quid, I sailed the Irish Sea and trained through the Welsh countryside, amazing!


















     I arrived in Wales around half past 5, checked into my hotel and just took it easy.  It was nice to have a hotel and some time to myself to just lay in a nice big bed.  The following morning, I met up with a friend, Giuseppe and we explored Cardiff together.  It was a beautiful sunny day.  I am starting to believe that I have really good luck, always a great day when I need it.  We went to Millennium Stadium, Cardiff Castle, the National Museum and just wandered around the city.  The museum was great!  It was both a science and art museum and had a wonderful display of marine animals.  The flowers in Cardiff are amazing, I think my favorite part!

 Millenium Stadium

 Cardiff Castle













 City Hall









 Cardiff National Museum


     The following morning, I met up with another friend, Trystan and he took me to a really nice Austrian Cafe in a cute Victorian like alley called a shopping arcade.  Afterwards, he took me to a park which I had walked through briefly the previous day and told me some great history of Cardiff.  Nice to get some local history from a Welshman himself.  

I have been to Ireland and every country in the United Kingdom.  It feels absolutely amazing and is such a dream come true!

"The most important thing is to enjoy your life - to be happy - it's all that matters". -Aubrey Hepburn

No comments:

Post a Comment