Thursday, May 23, 2013

Back in England! Bath

     I arrived in Salisbury, England on May 20, 2013.  My friend Susanna invited me to come stay with her and her family and use her house as a base to travel around.  Salisbury is such a wonderful place to be in because it is central to so many of the things I wanted to see.  I was so fortunate to make such a great friend in Vietnam that not only welcomed me into her country by meeting me in London, but also let me stay at her house to finish up my travels in the United Kingdom.

     The first night I came here, I spent time with Susanna and her family.  The Fosters are so sweet and as soon as I met them they were all so helpful in telling me what I should see, where it is located and how to get there.  We came to the conclusion that the best first destination was Bath.  My two favorite genres of history has definitely been Roman history and British history so seeing the Roman Baths in England was gold!





 Bath Abbey

 Street performers












 Ancient coins

 The Sacred Spring Overflow




 Inside Bath Abbey

 I love stain glass windows!











     Bath is a charming city and I love the way it looks.  I really enjoyed seeing the Roman Baths and reading everything the museum had to offer.  Wonderful day!  After this I headed back to Salisbury to catch The Great Gatsby with Susanna.  Can't say I loved the movie...  Not awful, but not amazing...

"I love those who can smile in trouble, who can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. 'Tis the business of little minds to shrink, but they whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves their conduct, will pursue their principles unto death". 
-Leonardo da Vinci  

No comments:

Post a Comment