Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Finally booked my flight!

     Well... it took a lot of contemplation, a lot of research, a little bit of tears (who doesn't cry when they are overwhelmed a little), many phone calls... but it all led to me booking my flight to my first country!  I will be leaving for Thailand on January 13th and I can't wait!!!  I have not been there for ten years and am really looking forward to seeing all of my family.  On the other hand, I am not looking forward to this 20 hour flight!!!  Luckily I have a one hour layover in South Korea to get up and stretch my legs and get off the plane for a short while.

     I just want to say how grateful I am for this experience!  I am going to follow my heart and travel until I am ready to come home.  The sky's the limit on where I am traveling to and I don't have any set dates of when I leave one place to go to the next.  I always wanted to do this...  Growing up, you hear of people saying they are going to backpack through Europe or through Southeast Asia and you always hope to one day do it as well.  Being a girl though, I was never fully comfortable with this situation, especially if you are going alone.  Through my research and conversations with friends, I feel thoroughly comfortable traveling alone.  I am also blessed because I already know a lot of family and friends all over the world, so I am not starting from ground zero by any means. 

     One of my priorities on this trip is to find ways to give back.  As I travel I hope to spend some time volunteering.  Orphanages are my first thought, but I am sure I will be able to find some other opportunities as well.  Let me know if you guys think of anything!  Doing volunteer work is when I feel the most full because it is such a rewarding experience.  This past year I was on the Events Committee at the Volunteer Center of Sacramento and the Charity Chair for Future by Design, Student Fashion Association.


"They say if you become a better person, you'll have a better life..." -Charlie Brown

STAY TUNED, more to come ;-)
xoxo

2 comments:

  1. That sounds so exciting! I wish you good luck with your upcoming adventures. Not only will you be more immersed in other cultures, but you'll also get to be an expert among airlines, booking flights and things like that. I bet you'll get to travel in a private plane in one of your travels. Take care and stay safe!

    Image Air Charter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Corina, Thank you for your comment, and I apologize for the delayed response as I had never seen this before. I had a wonderful time traveling last year and continue to enjoy it a lot! I do feel like an expert now with planning and airlines. I haven't ridden on a private plane, but maybe someday! Take care as well!

      Delete