Saturday, November 10, 2012

WELCOME

HELLO!!!


     I am sure that many of you are starting to receive my graduation invitations! I wanted to have a post up to welcome you all to my Blog!!! This is going to be very exciting once I am traveling and am able to share some of my adventures with you! I will try to post as often as I can, but my first priority is just to enjoy the experiences for myself and try to keep up with my own daily journal. Blog comes third and I am sure you all understand!

     I can't believe that it is already November 10th and I turned 23 years old a few days ago! Time is flying and there is still so much more that needs to be done. If I could go back in time and listen to my mother for at least one thing, it would have been to not buy so much stuff in college!!! You never know where you are going to go. Now I have a house full of things and am trying to leave the country for a very long time... Luckily I have sold some big ticket things like my elliptical and I am not feeling as stressed. Mom is going to help me have a garage sale in a couple weeks to get rid of all my things as well. 


     I have exactly one month until I am finished with school!!! It is hard keeping up with 6 classes, having a job and trying to get all my travel affairs in order, but I am trying to take it all one day at a time. I am so anxious to get on that plane and go, but I want to enjoy the time I have left and the people I am leaving for so long. As far as the graduation party goes, please RSVP in a timely manor as my mother is going to be cooking some very amazing food for everyone! Look forward to seeing you all there!


Lastly, I thank you from the bottom of my heart for all the love and support that I have been receiving!
“Travel and change of place impart new vigor to the mind.” -Seneca 

2 comments:

  1. Comment: I see that you have a map of the Middle East in the background of your blog.
    And I also noticed that you have not visited there on this blog. Nor do I see any third world or struggling countries. Way to choose places you can volunteer at.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't you charming! The globe on my background is a template offered by Blogger. I did not choose the position in which the globe was set. It is not a resemblance of my actual trip. Turkey is on there though and I am actually in Istanbul right now. Unfortunately, the world is quite large and one can't make it to every single place all at one time. I hope to see all of this world and one day explore more of the Middle East, but as a solo traveler, I didn't feel like this was the right moment. I do have to admit though that I definitely did not get to do the amount of volunteering I would have liked to thus far. I have always been active in volunteering as I was a Girl Scout for over a decade, President of my high school community service club and on the board of 2 charities prior to leaving on my travels. I was in South East Asia for 3 months stationed in Thailand mostly and did a few things, but having since been in Europe, I have not. I have continuously made connections and have been given some possible and amazing volunteer opportunities for the future. I guess you will just have to stay tuned ;-)

      Delete