Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Connections and/or Advice?

Veterans Day!

      For those of you that do not have Facebook, I posted this wonderful image of my father in honor
of him being a Vietnam Veteran.
This is my dad enjoying Thanksgiving Dinner in 1966.  Love and cherish this picture so much!

     This post is to open the door for all of you to give me any connections and/or advice on the locations I am going.  If you have been to Australia, New Zealand or Thailand, is there any MUST DO things while I am in these locations?  Luckily I have family and friends in all these countries to stay with and to show me around a bit, but you can never make enough friends.  If there are any connections you want to send my way, that would be great as well.  


     Can't believe that it has been a decade since I was in Thailand!  Can't wait to see my HUGE family!  They have continued to show me love and support my whole life even though we are worlds apart.  Technology is a beautiful thing!  I am so proud of all my cousins and their many amazing accomplishments.  Several of my cousins, aunts and uncles are world travelers as well!


     While some may think it is odd...  I am going on this trip entirely alone, not counting the family and friends I already have in these nations of course.  I feel like it is a journey I need to take by myself.  Leave this part of the world behind for something entirely new.  One of the things I am most excited to do on this trip is to meet tons and tons of new people.  I can't wait!  I think I inherited this trait from my father.  He used to travel all around the world and make so many friends in simple ways.  For example, just sparking up a conversation on the airplane.  7 billion people in this world, you can definitely never meet enough people!


Alright... back to homework!!!  Got to graduate or none of this happens!!!  HAHAHA


ALL MY LOVE  
                                                                                                                           XOXO
"A man practices the art of adventure when he breaks the chain of routine and renews his life through reading new books, traveling to new places, making new friends, taking up new hobbies and adopting new viewpoints." -Wilfred Peterson

No comments:

Post a Comment