Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Hello from Thailand!

     Firstly, I am very ill... sore throat and a cough that I must have caught on the plane.  Hoping I am better by the morning and will be heading to bed shortly after I write this at about 9:30 PM Bangkok time.  Don't think I have tried going to bed that early in years.  Sickness and being under slept doesn't make for a good combo.  With that being said...  HAHA  

     I was throughly impressed with both of my flights yesterday, Singapore Airlines and Thai Airways.  Flying is much different than I remembered!  The meals were quite decent, for example on Singapore Airlines, they fed us Korean Beef with white rice, crackers and Tillamook cheese for one of the meals.  I mean come on, they sprang for the Tillamook... well done!  We all had our own personal televisions with hundreds of selections in movies and music.  There were over 50 movie options which were primarily very new releases.  I just kept trying to tell myself that it was like having a lazy day at home, watching movies and relaxing to get through the length of the flights.  Singapore Airlines even gave us hot towels a couple times, quite the treatment even in Economy.  Unfortunately though, the chairs are awful as we all know and my lower back is still suffering a bit from sitting in those chairs for so long.

The airline attendants were dressed in tradition clothes on both flights.  This is an attendent on Singapore Airlines.

This little cutie kept looking over wanting to play.  Made me miss my babysitting family, the Chakrabarti's!

     Today I ran around town with my aunt as she did business errands.  At one point she left me in the car to move it in order to get another spot.  I, of course was not able to get the car to start (Hybrid automatic) and a taxi cab driver was yelling at me to move...  It was pretty overwhelming for a moment...  Driving on the right side of the car on the left side of the road in a new country!  Shortly after he found another way to maneuver out of the parking lot, I was able to get the car to start...  -__-  


     This is how they park in Thailand.  Cars park normal and then other cars park in front of those cars.  When you want to leave and a car is parked behind you, you search in the line of cars who has a driver inside and ask them to pull forward.  Any cars that are actually parked and unattended, you just push forward by hand to get them out of your way...  My aunt showed me this method today... HAHA!  Can you imagine this happening in the states?  Not at all!  

 Lots of country pride!  Flags and pictures of the King, Rama IX are everywhere in sight.

 Crossing Rama VIII bridge.

Eating one of my favorite Thai meals, kao mun gai in a little restaurant in Bangkok.  Two chicken and rice dishes, two soups, and two bottles of water costed about $2.30 in U.S. currency.  Everything here is so cheap!
  
Victory Monument, military monument located in Bangkok.  It is entirely western in design.  In front of it is a picture of the current king.

Other Random Fun Facts:  
1) 7/11's are located everywhere on every block like a Starbucks would be back at home.
2) Toilet paper is used as napkins.

Right, best get to sleep so that I can start enjoying Thailand not sick!  xoxo

"To keep the body in good health is a duty... otherwise we shall not be able to keep our mind strong and clear". -Buddha

No comments:

Post a Comment