Thursday, May 15, 2014

Preparation Station (I Love Rhyming Words)

     Traveling is such a wonderful, peaceful thing, but it certainly does come with a lot of work.  There is a lot to be done.  As much as I love wandering around the world with no agenda or schedule, it is just not possible for this trip to Brazil for the World Cup.  We are meeting friends and family and we have matches to get to, so... a planning I will go.

     Firstly, spreadsheets are my best friend!  Even when I had no agenda last year, I made a spread sheet of where I wanted to go and when (roughly).  Sometimes it worked out, sometimes it didn't.  It is just nice to have a solid document to reference.  This trip is pretty much set in stone, so a spreadsheet is really helpful.  You are about to see how organized I can be, but then again not so much because there are several question marks.




     Accommodation is probably the most annoying thing to deal with.  Looking for the best options, the right price, decent location...  I've definitely wound up in the wrong place because I booked the cheapest accommodation.  It turned out to be outside the city of where I really wanted to be.  I am also a HUGE fan of Couchsurfing, but that takes a lot of work as well.  I used this site all throughout Europe and it is wonderful!  I met a lot of great people and some true lifelong friends.  Anyways though, some people commit to you and then they back out or don't respond and it can be challenging.  I wasn't planning any accommodation at all for this trip because I thought my best friend had connections for us, but unfortunately they all bailed on her and now I am trying to work my travel magic.  It'll all work out, stay calm... I'm going to Brazil!


     Shopping!  Everyone wants to look their best while traveling.  I know I do!  Getting a new swimsuit, dresses, clothes that won't take forever to dry, appropriate clothing for all the climates you are entering... can be quite the time consuming activity.  I am also an abnormal female who hates shopping.  I'm in, I'm out... I don't want to waste any time.  When backpacking, you and your clothes can get kind of grubby, but you still try to look as good as possible.  I'll be in South America for 7 weeks, so this makes it very possible to keep a nice wardrobe.  Any longer, it would probably turn into not as attractive comfort clothes.


     ONE BIG ADVICE!  Start packing EARLY!  Do not leave packing to last minute or you'll forget something you really wanted!  Also, TRAVEL LIGHT!  You will hate carrying all this stuff around and there will be a place to do laundry.  Having too many items is just not worth it!  




Match tickets came in the mail!

I'd like to thank David Beckham, Sir Alex Ferguson, Andres Iniesta, Gianluigi Buffon, Steven Gerrard, Xavi Alonso, Cristiano Ronaldo, Lionel Messi and all my other wonderful teammates and managers throughout the years. Couldn't have won it without you!!! Hehe (A girl can dream)

23 DAYS UNTIL DEPARTURE!

Follow on Facebook or Instagram to keep up with me on a more daily basis.  Thanks for taking an interest into my life!

"When preparing to travel, lay out all your clothes and all your money. Then take half the clothes and twice the money". -Anonymous

No comments:

Post a Comment