Sunday, September 29, 2013

Hello from Singapore!

     When I was in Southeast Asia earlier this year, I always wanted to go to Singapore.  As I talked to more and more people, they said it was a beautiful city but not much to do there.  I decided that it was unnecessary for me to spend a lot of time in this country, so I set up my flight to Sydney so that I had an 8 hour layover in Singapore.  I love nature so a place that is famous for being a city just wasn't for me long term.  Luckily, the airport offers a free 2 hour tour.

     Singapore is really beautiful!  I am definitely glad I got to see it this way because I really don't have a desire to go back.  It is a small place, nice for a layover visit and that is it for me.  Amazing architecture and it feels very clean.  Lovely city both in the day light and at night.




























     If you ever need to have a layover for a flight, pick Singapore!  The airport is entirely set up for long layovers.  There are places to get massages, snooze lounges, places to shower.  There is a koi pond and butterfly room.  It was truly remarkable, I was shocked by how this airport was laid out.










"I've always enjoyed traveling and having experience with different cultures and different people. But it's also a wonderful thing to be able to benefit and enable research, not only in our country but around the world". -Laurel Clark

1 comment:

  1. It is good to see how many people prefer spending money on travel over material things. :)

    ReplyDelete