Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Bangkok/Chon Buri

     I have been so busy!  This post is just going to briefly highlight the things I have been doing this past couple of weeks.  After Laos, I was in Bangkok for a few days and then I left for Chon Buri where I have more uncles, aunts, and cousins.  I stayed there for a week and had a wonderful time catching up with family.  Still can't believe how fast 10 years fly by.  All I know is I certainly won't be letting that many years past by before I see all of them again.


Working on my hula hooping skills in Bangkok!

Helping my cousin deliver hundreds of pounds of palm sugar.

 Caught in a rainstorm in Bangkok.


     Spent a few hours one day in Siam Ocean World in Bangkok, the biggest aquarium in Southeast Asia.  I absolutely loved it.  It is very well made and has beautiful displays.  I enjoyed looking at all the sea creatures.  Luckily for me, being a Thai citizen, it cost me a fraction of what a foreigner would have been charged!

























     Spent the first 5 years of my life living in Bang Saen, Chon Buri, Thailand.  Great to see all the family that still currently lives there.  Had a wonderful time catching up, laughing and wandering around nearby provinces.












 Sea Turtle Conservation Center









My cousin's daughter, 7 months

Bang Saen Beach


     I'm sure I have told many people that my aunt and uncle bake the best cakes in this world.  So lucky that my aunt made me so many cakes while I was visiting them.  I am not huge on sweets, but eating these cakes are like eating a little peace of heaven!

  


The Bakers!
  
 Cousins, cousins, and more cousins!





Thais don't joke about football!  My cousin's motorcycle supporting Liverpool F.C.


     My uncle Lec drove me back to Bangkok at the end of the week, but we spent the day together driving around, going to a waterfall and Lam Phra Phloeng Dam.  It was an incredibly hot day.  I really enjoyed spending time with my uncle and am going to miss him a lot after I leave Thailand.


  


     As for what is to come!  I am leaving for Vietnam in 2 days.  I am really looking forward to this experience as my dad spent a year of his life in Vietnam fighting in the war.  I am planning to be there for about 12 days and then will be returning back to Thailand for a week before I fly to London on April 17th!  I am so excited to see the United Kingdom as it has always been a dream of mine.  I love English history!  So many more adventures to come, I can't wait!

"We travel, some of us forever, to seek other states, other lives, other souls". -Anais Nin

No comments:

Post a Comment